All recipes by Jules Cahalane/Head Chef and Author
Inn on the Rio, Taos, New Mexico
Blue Corn Muffin Tops
This recipe developed by Jules at Inn on the Rio was featured in "Innkeepers' Best Muffins" Cookbook and "Inn on the Rio's Favorite Recipes" Cookbook!
Everyone loves these light corn meal muffins, especially when topped with whipped butter and honey. When previous guests call to make reservations they often request this muffin for breakfast!
Non-stick cooking spray
2 cups blue corn meal
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
Just enough milk to mix all together,
batter should be thick
- Lightly spray a muffin "top" pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the oil and sour cream.
- Add just enough milk to achieve a very thick batter consistency.
- Spoon batter onto pans or a hot greased griddle.
- Bake for ten to twelve minutes.
- Serve with butter and honey.
Print this recipe