All recipes by Jules Cahalane/Head Chef and Author
Inn on the Rio, Taos, New Mexico
This recipe developed by Jules at Inn on the Rio was featured in "Inn on the Rio's Favorite Recipes" Cookbook!
This coffee cake has limitless options. Almond, and lemon are just a few that come to mind! This recipe makes two large Bundt pan cakes. It can easily be cut into half. Or why not make two and freeze one for later.
6 large eggs
4-1/2 cups sugar
3 cups canola oil
3 cups milk
6-1/2 cups flour
1 TB baking powder
1 TB salt
3 TB poppy seeds
1TB almond or lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pam two Bundt cake pans.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil and milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Stir in poppy seeds and almond extract.
- Pour into two greased Bundt pans. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with a simple glaze made from 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate, 3/4 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract and 1 tsp. almond extract.
Print this recipe