All recipes by Jules Cahalane/Head Chef and Author
Inn on the Rio, Taos, New Mexico
Three Cheddar-Apple Ham Bake
This recipe developed by Jules at Inn on the Rio was featured in "Inn on the Rio's Favorite Recipes" Cookbook!
Guests love this unique tasty breakfast entree. It can be assembled the night before, refrigerated overnight and cooked in the morning. It is also great for dinner with a green side salad.
2 cups apple slices
2 TB brown sugar
1-1/2 cups shredded "Three Cheddar Cheese" mixture
1-1/2 cups cubed ham steak briefly sauteed with one
finely chopped onion in 1 TB olive oil
1-1/2 cups milk
1-1/2 cups buttermilk biscuit mix
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pam an oval or rectangular oven-proof baking dish.
- In a large bowl, toss apple slices with brown sugar.
- Place apple slices evenly in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese and ham mixture over the apples.
- Beat the eggs. Add milk, biscuit mix and nutmeg, beating or whisking until smooth.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the apples, cheese and ham.
- Cover baking dish with foil. Bake in a preheated oven for one hour. Top with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese for the last ten minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and ENJOY!
Print this recipe