All recipes by Jules Cahalane/Head Chef and Author
Inn on the Rio, Taos, New Mexico
Three-Cheese Baked Eggs With Roasted Red Peppers
This recipe developed by Jules at Inn on the Rio was featured in "Best from New Mexico" Cookbook and "Inn on the Rio's Favorite Recipes" Cookbook!
A delicious alternative to traditional quiche. This crustless quiche is savory and colorful.
1 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, usually 2-3 peppers
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. red pepper flakes or more to suit your taste
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1-1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese, 6 oz.
1 cup whole milk ricotta or cottage cheese, 8 oz.
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, 2 oz.
3 scallions, finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain red peppers and remove any seeds or charred skin. Cut into 1/3 inch dice.
- Sift together flour and baking powder into a small bowl. Add red pepper flakes.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until doubled in volume, about three minutes.
- Add flour mixture and cheeses and mix well at low speed, then stir in peppers, scallions and parsley.
- Pour into a buttered 10-inch (6 cup) pie plate and bake in the middle of the oven until top is golden brown and a tester comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Let stand five minutes before garnishing and serving.
Print this recipe