All recipes by Jules Cahalane/Head Chef and Author
Inn on the Rio, Taos, New Mexico
Chimayo Red Chile
This recipe developed by Jules at Inn on the Rio was featured in "Best from New Mexico" Cookbook and "Inn on the Rio's Favorite Recipes" Cookbook!
This simple red chile recipe is made with red chile powder from Chimayo, New Mexico. "Chimayo" red chile is world famous for its' vibrant red color and unique flavor.
1 large onion chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
1 pound coarsely ground pork*
2-3 TB flour
2 tsp. salt
2/3 cup red chile powder
3 cups chicken/vegetable stock
- Sauté the pork, onions and garlic.
- If not using meat, use 1 tsp. Canola oil or olive oil.
- Add the flour and salt and stir.
- Add the red chile and continue to stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the liquid and cook for 20 minutes.
Serve alone, over fried potatoes or as a sauce for burritos and enchiladas.
Print this recipe