All recipes by Jules Cahalane/Head Chef and Author
Inn on the Rio, Taos, New Mexico
Potato Quiche Ranchero
This recipe developed by Jules at Inn on the Rio was featured in "Inn on the Rio's Favorite Recipes" Cookbook!
This recipe makes 2 large pie plate quiches or the recipe can be cut in half to make one pie plate quiche.
Non-stick cooking spray
1 large onion chopped & sauteed with 6 sausage patties
12 large eggs
8 cups frozen shredded potatoes not seasoned hash browns
2 TB crushed garlic
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup chopped green chiles
Fresh cilantro, some chopped and whole for garnishing
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
- Saute chopped onion with sausage until done. Don't drain fat.
- Lightly spray two large pie plates with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix the onion and chopped sausage, eggs, hash browns, cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, green chiles, salt, pepper, crushed garlic and some chopped cilantro. Pour mixture into pie plates. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- At brunch or breakfast time, put casserole in a pre-heated 350-degree oven for 50 minutes. Take off the foil and heat for ten more minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and ENJOY!
Print this recipe