All recipes by Jules Cahalane/Head Chef and Author
Inn on the Rio, Taos, New Mexico
Dijon Vegetable Cream Cheese Tart
This recipe developed by Jules at Inn on the Rio was featured in "Inn on the Rio's Favorite Recipes" Cookbook!
This recipe makes one smaller pie plate quiche. It can be easily expanded up by increasing the ingredients.
1 medium onion thinly sliced in a mandoline, or by hand,
sauteed with 1 cup fresh mushrooms in 1 TB Butter
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 cup milk
1 TB chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 tsp. dijon mustard
4 oz. cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cover bottom of a buttered pie plate with cream cheese cut into small pieces.
- Sprinkle onion/ mushroom mixture and cheeses over cream cheese.
- Place remaining ingredients in a bowl. Mix with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until blended, about one minute.
- Pour into pie plate and bake in the middle of the oven until top is golden brown and a tester comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Let stand five minutes before garnishing and serving.
Print this recipe