All recipes by Jules Cahalane/Head Chef and Author
Inn on the Rio, Taos, New Mexico
Chile Relleno Frittata
This recipe developed by Jules at Inn on the Rio was featured in "Inn on the Rio's Favorite Recipes" Cookbook!
This recipe serves 6-8 people and can be adjusted up or down depending on the size of your pie plate.
2 cups milk
12 large eggs (2 cups)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup to 1 cup chopped green chiles
4 oz. cream cheese
toasted bread crumbs or pie pastry crust
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 9-10 inch pie plate if using bread crumbs. Sprinkle bread crumbs into plate. If using a prepared pastry crust lay in clean not buttered pie plate.
- Cut cream cheese into 1/2 inch squares and put in the bottom of dish on top of the bread crumbs or pastry crust.
- Beat flour, baking powder, milk, salt and eggs until smooth. Fold in cheddar cheese and green chiles. Slowly pour into dish.
- Bake uncovered 50-60 minutes or until puffy, golden brown and the center is set.
- Let stand five minutes before cutting.
Print this recipe